If you’re anything like me, bra shopping is about as exciting as going to the dentist or getting the oil changed.
And what happens when we’re not excited? We push it off and push it off until a year has passed and we’re still wearing the same ole stretch-out, faded tired bra.
I’m not gonna lie and say, ‘Oh my gosh. By the time you’re done reading this article, you’re going to be so excited you’re going to rush right out to your nearest lingerie department.’
But, I can make it easier and I promise the result will be soooo good, you’ll be happy you went. Kinda’ like when you leave the dentist, and your teeth are so pearly white and feel so clean you wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
But way better, ‘cause your boobs will look awesome!
How To Know It’s Time To Replace?
Here are my top 3 signs:
- Bras are good for six months. If you have an extensive assortment and are good at rotating them six months translates into about 180 wears each. (Unless you throw them in the dryer. Then they’ll die a tragic premature death.)
- If the first thing you do when you get home is kick off your heels and take off your bra, you’re wearing the wrong size and need a new one.
- If you’ve gained or lost more than 10 lbs.
So… you checked off one or more of the above, but still aren’t crazy excited? Then, keep reading, Sunshine!
Why The Perfect Bra Will Change Your Life!
- You’ll look thinner! Enough said, right?!? But of course, I can’t leave it there. Not only does the right bra eliminate the dreaded back fat, but by lifting your boobs, your middle and waist will look slimmer. Can I get a whoop! whoop!
- Your clothes will fit better.
- The goal is to not even feel like you’re wearing a bra. Can you imagine? Wouldn’t that be amazing? Well, it’s so possible.
If you’re thinking, Fine! I’ll go online and order some replacements.
During quarantine, I trimmed my bangs. It wasn’t horrible, but when I saw my stylist months later, he wrinkled his nose like I’d asked him to smell spoiled milk and started muttering nasty comments under his breath.
My point? There are times (bangs and bras) where it’s best to hire a professional.
Schedule A Bra Fitting
Sounds easy right? And it is. Provided you’re picky about where you go. Avoid going into a store that only carries one brand. For example, Victoria’s Secret, Intimissi, or the like.
Instead, head over to a department store lingerie department like Dillard’s, Bloomingdale’s, or Nordstrom.
Here’s the reason why…
Like all other clothes, every brand fits differently. Is sized differently. Does different things better. And a bra specialist in a department store has been trained on all the brands they carry and can recommend the perfect brand for your shape, size, and needs.
Another recommendation, go during an off-time. Like Tuesday morning or Friday night when the department isn’t as busy. You’ll have the specialist’s undivided attention – versus a weekend or Thursday night when you have to fight for attention.
And one last tip… once you’ve narrowed down your selection, slip your top or dress back on and see how it looks under clothes. Especially the back. If it doesn’t look smooth, show your specialist, and she’ll adjust her recommendations accordingly.
Put A Bow On It:
Unless you work at a farmer’s market, bras are a necessary evil and part of adulting. You deserve one that’s so comfortable you don’t even feel it and one that makes you look so good you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it before.
Have a favorite brand or tip? Share in the comment section below, and we’ll get this party started.
‘Til next week.
Hugs & happy shopping.