Nearly overnight, my Pinterest feed was flooded with what I called Puffer Purses. Puffer because they remind me of puffer vests, and because I think the word puffer is funny.
They looked fabulous and oh-so-chic, so I diligently pinned them all to my Handbags Galore page. I didn’t take it any further because the majority of the pictures were from some Fashion Week in some super glam city. And while I love looking at all those pretty pictures, the styles were utterly impractical for girls who hang-out any place other than a runway.
But then, I spotted the Marc Jacobs Pillow Purse in-store and had to pause. After some mild fondling and petting, I walked away.
But you know when you keep thinking about something, and then FOMO kicks in? Skip ahead a couple of days, and needless to say, I went back and purchased it.
After toting it around for a few days here are the plusses and minuses:
- Any time a great basic comes along with a fresh twist, I get excited. And not a twist like more tassels or gobs of metal studs or an excessive amount of hardware that gets in the way. But a fresh twist like the pillow texture and the butter-soft leather making it new and classic all at the same time.
- The strap is a little longer, which makes it easy to throw over your shoulder even when sporting a winter coat or bulky sweater.
- Silver hardware – need I say more?
- The black leather woven into the chain really ratchets up the versatility.
- There are so many fun colors available. The debate between the khaki brown (officially called loam or something fancy like that), green, and pink cost me several visits to the website. I finally pulled the trigger on the khaki brown shade and am super glad I did. It feels like the perfect transition shade from summer to fall.
- It will not replace last season’s MJ Box Tote. It simply isn’t large enough for everything I’m convinced I need to make it through the workday. For weekends or evenings when a clutch is too small or dressy… it’s perfect.
- I’m not crazy about the shoulder strap, but then I’m never a fan of those. Not to mention, it seems a little thin and unsubstantial for how bulky the body.
So… will this make your fall shopping list?
I can’t wait to hear what you decide. And of course your color choice.
‘Til next week.
Hugs and happy shopping.
Did you miss last week’s post? Click here and you’ll be all caught up!